At our school, part of what students are continuously taught is responsibility and accountability for their actions. Restraint and discipline is often more important than attack; martial arts are just as much about mental and spiritual discipline as they are about the physical. At the end of every class, students are taught to recite (and embody) our 10 Principles:
1. Be loyal to your country.
2. Honor your parents.
3. Be loving between husband and wife.
4. Be cooperative between brother and sister.
5. Be faithful to your friends.
6. Be respectful to your elders.
7. Establish trust between teacher and student.
8. Use good judgment before killing living things.
9. Never retreat in battle.
10. Always finish what you start.